Is it possible for the stream of selfishness to end? - Volume 1
Price: £14.00 / 17.27 (Including VAT at 20%)
Twelve Public Meetings - Volume 1 in Saanen, Switzerland, 1975Aproximate Duration:
8 hours 45 minutesAudio Format:
--------------------------------------------------------Seven Public Talks
--------------------------------------------------------1. Reality and truth
13 July 1975
- What will resolve our problems fundamentally if thought cannot?
- Are you aware of the movement of thought as time, measure, the real and the unreal?
- What is my relationship to actuality?
- Is there a division between me and the thing which I observe? Is thought different from the observer or is the observer thought?
- Can thought be without measurement?
- Knowing the realities of the irrationality and rationality of thought, one asks if there is something beyond it.Duration:
81 minutes2. Can love exist in the field of reality?
15 July 1975
- What is the rational and irrational reality that thought has brought about which confuses man and distorts activity?
- Does belief prevent clarity of perception?
- What value has a human being who thinks correctly in the field of reality, in the face of this monstrous confusion?
- What is order in the world of reality?
- Without analysis can I see the whole structure of suffering, fear and the pursuit of pleasure?
- Is suffering an act of love?
- Can thought bring about in the field of reality a sense of complete compassion?Duration:
80 minutes3. Is there suffering when there is no attachment?
17 July 1975
- What is freedom in the field of reality, between two human beings who love each other?
- Does emptiness make man cling to something? Is that attachment love?
- In the field of reality there is confusion when there is attachment. What is the relationship between two human beings with no attachment?
- Where there is no attachment in relationship there is total responsibility for the whole of mankind. This may be called love.
- If your suffering has ended how does it affect the suffering of humanity?Duration:
81 minutes4. Time, action and fear
20 July 1975
- Our consciousness is its content. Is that consciousness within the area of time?
- Is the mind to unravel deeply hidden fears through dreams?
- How does one see the whole of fear, the whole of the me, constructed, isolated, fragmented by thought?
- Can the mind be free from the desire to control in order to see or listen totally?
- Does fear arise from the mind not having total psychological security?
- If you are nothing psychologically and so are completely secure, you will affect me who is uncertain, lonely, despairing and attached.Duration:
75 minutes5. Freedom, pleasure and joy
22 July 1975
- If I want to be free from something, it is a reaction which cultivates the opposite.
- Does orderly action in the field of reality bring the intelligence to perceive?
- Is beauty within the world of reality?
- Beauty is both an outward expression and an inward feeling of extraordinary relationship which is there with the complete cessation of the me.
- Is a creative mind one that is whole, not contradictory in action, self-centred or caught in thought as time?
- Are joy, love and intelligence related to pleasure?
- Is love to be hunted by thought?Duration:
65 minutes6. Can one living in the world of reality end selfishness?
24 July 1975
- Both at the conscious and at the deeper levels can time totally come to an end?
- Can thought stop but not consciously or through the action of will?
- Death is not separate but a part of living. Is death the ending of all that one has experienced?
- When there is suffering is there a you or a me or is there only suffering?
- If there is no naming of suffering as belonging to me then what is the individual?
- When one is whole, healthy, sane, rational, holy, does the movement of the stream of time and suffering end?
- Out of suffering comes compassion, when not identified as me.
- When you change deeply it affects the whole consciousness of mankind.Duration:
73 minutes7. The quality of energy which comes about through meditation
27 July 1975
- Is there another kind of energy than thought to solve the complex problems of human existence?
- Order is the total comprehension of the activity of thought. Can this energy uncover something that is sacred?
- What place has will in meditation?
- In meditation, when the mind is totally quiet and therefore compassionate, is there something sacred?
- What is the quality of energy that comes through meditation?
- Is there a mystery thought cannot touch?Duration: