Freedom means a quality of mind which has no division in itself
Price: £12.00 / €14.80 (Including VAT at 20%)
Six Seminar Meetings at Brockwood Park, UK, 1970Aproximate Duration:
8 hours 45 minutesAudio Format:
--------------------------------------------------------Six Seminar Meetings
--------------------------------------------------------1. Violence and the ‘me’
6 June 1970
- Can the human mind solve our social and inward problems without any kind of violence?
- What is violence?
- Does a human being want to be free of all violence?
- Is it possible to live without direction?
- Any movement of the ‘me’ is still the ‘me’, which is the root of violence.
- Is it possible to live without the ‘me’?Duration:
73 minutes2. Is there a living in which there is no violence?
7 June 1970
- Can one look without a purpose, without a direction, without a sense of duality?
- To deny something without really understanding it, is a form of violence.
- Any movement of thought is the ‘me’. Can the mind observe without thought?
- Violence means conformity.
- Violence comes the moment there is a purpose, a direction, a division.
- One has to learn how to watch without duality.Duration:
84 minutes3. When there is complete attention thought does not interfere
13 June 1970
- Why is there this tremendous activity of division in our lives?
- We want to live in total harmony, without the contradiction of desires. Is this possible?
- Can I look at disharmony without the process of analysis, in which there is the division between the analyser and the analysed?
- Being absorbed in something is entirely different from being attentive.
- Attention is not the division brought about through concentration. Attention is not analysis. In a mind that is completely attentive, thought doesn’t enter with its divisions.
- There can be attention without the movement of the senses.Duration:
88 minutes4. Can a mind in contradiction know what harmony is?
14 June 1970
- To live a harmonious life attention must be non-contradictory.
- An action that is a product of analysis is non-action.
- A non-contradictory life, a life of complete and total harmony, what would such a life’s work be in art or in science or anything?
- You are conditioned by society, which human beings have created. Unless there is a deep, radical change within oneself, social change does not bring about harmonious life.
- Can you look without accumulating knowledge?
- What is sleep?
- A mind that is incessantly active, can it ever create?Duration:
94 minutes5. Can a divided mind perceive the wholeness of life?
20 June 1970
- Is it possible to look at everything as a whole?
- Freedom means a quality of mind which has no division in itself.
- Is verbal comprehension really understanding?
- How do you see anything new?
- Can the mind look at the various fragments, including thought itself, without the censor, without division as the observer and the observed?
- When you look, your look is fragmented. Then what will you do?
- Are you aware of your conditioning?
- How can there be separation when the mind looks without any movement of choice?Duration:
95 minutes6. What is the quality of the mind that has seen the effects of division?
21 June 1970
- Are we aware of the many fragments of which we are?
- Why should I suffer, have pain or fear because of what I see in myself?
- Having built walls of resistance, must I go to somebody to help me to tear down these walls? Why should I seek help from anybody?
- The past resistances are part of the mind. What can the mind do about its own part, which it has built?
- The mind itself is the machinery of resistance.
- How do you know that thought brings about fragmentation?
- What is the use of having an ideal?
- What is love?Duration: